Saturday, May 21, 2016

Cycling in Pune


Hello friends,

As you are aware by my previous story that I live in Gurgaon and ride in Delhi NCR. This time I will share my ride story in a different city.

This city is one of my favorite city in India.  Basically this is a city of Maharastra, known as Pensioner’s Paradise but now it has been grown as a vibrant metro. It is a hub for education, industry and IT. Apart from this, this place is also known for natural beauty and beautiful weather.

Hope you guys would have guess about the place. Yes, you are right I am talking about PUNE.

I came Pune on a business trip for 5 days, my trip was designed very hectic. I had to visit some places and complete assigned task. While packing my luggage I putted my cycling stuff also in my bag. I kept cycling tights, T-shirt, goggles and sport shoes. I was not certain where I will get cycle or not for ride but I want to ride in Pune. I think this city invites cyclist by its weather and road condition.

I reached Pune on Monday, My stay was arranged in a hotel in Viman nagar. Day was very hectic and did not find time to check cycle availability on rent, next day on Tuesday evening while return from office I tried to find cycle stores in Pune who provide cycles on rent. I got so many stores but was not aware that how far it is from my location. I called on few numbers which I got on google but discussion could not get execute.

Then, I found “Cymour”, checked address on their website, cycle store address was in “Kalyani Nagar”, Called on their contact no.  02060603333 and I was surprised by their response. They offered me to provide cycle on my location and not even that, they were ready to pick it also from my location without any extra cost. Cycle rent charge was Rs.350/day, Rs.2000 security deposit and need to handover one government ID, which they return at the time of cycle return.

This was really a very happy moment for me that I don’t have to worry about picking and drop. I told to bring them in the evening and person arrived on time without any follow up. He brought a Schnell cycle, which was in very good condition, he also gave me Helmet for safe ride.

My hotel staffs were looking very surprise, as Utsav (Cymour person) brought it on car. Card had a cycle carrier and cycle was hanging behind the card. Security person asked me about the cost and all. They were looking very supportive.

Although, it was around 8:00pm but I could not stop myself to ride, traffic was all around and I was also not knowing nearby places but I started cycling, as I paddle 500meter I found a mall few meter ahead there was a red light and I could not find place to move. So I picked my cycle and kept it close to mall premise, waited for traffic clearance. To utilize this time I clicked some pictures.

I started again and I took left by seeing less traffic on the road, I moved in all those direction where I found less traffic. I was moving very slowly as I was enjoying my ride and keeping safe from passing by vehicles. I paddled around 3 km and returned to hotel.

I went in the parking to park and then I realize that there is no cycle lock available. I called Utsav for the same and he told me that Cymour don’t provide lock with cycle. I contacted with security person of the hotel, they took this situation very positively and made it sure that nothing will happen with the cycle and they will take care of it.

I left it in parking area and went for dinner, after having dinner I decided to check cycle in the parking area and what I saw over there – Cycle was not available. OMG, I contacted with security person, they told me that they kept my cycle infront of the security room under security camera.

Now I became satisfied and went to sleep. By this way I ended my day to cycle in Pune. My next plan is to cover bigger miles in Pune.


Keep reading my blog. Tomorrow I am planning to ride to some good destination in Pune, which I will publish in my next post.

3 comments:

  1. Nice story,would like to read about ur next ride story.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for the feedback, I am working on next ride story, keep visiting my blog.

      Delete
  2. Nice story,would like to read about ur next ride story.

    ReplyDelete