Saturday, April 9, 2016

Cycle Ride up to Damdama Lake, Gurgaon

Hi friends,

Today I am back with my last week end ride up to Damdama Lake. It is one of the biggest natural lake in Haryana. This place is popular for fun trip, day trip, picnic, adventure trip and corporate group tour.

Each ride is like a new ride for me, I feel same excitement which I felt in my first ride and I think it is good for my cycling.



I left home at 6:00am, at that time I was not sure that where should I go. Confusion was going on my mind because of the weather. Earlier I decided to go to Jhandewalan Temple or Akshardham Temple, but both the places require more than 5 hrs to come and fro because the distance is more than 35 km [one side] from my house.

I left home by saying my wife that I will message you after some time that where am I going. As soon as I reached Jharsa Chock, Gurgaon, I had to decide where I am going to Delhi or Gurgaon, on my left side road was going to Delhi and on right side Gurgaon, but by seeing the weather I decided to go Gurgaon. I planned to go to Damdama lake which is
25 km from my house and it will not take more than 3hrs to come back to home, as my average riding speed is around 20km/hr.

To reach Damdama lake I had to go to Rajeev chowck - Sohna road and after going 15kms on Sohna road there is a left cut which leads to Damdama, which is 10 km in stretch. I reached Rajeev chock by riding on NH8 and road was very good and traffic was very few, as soon as I moved towards Sohna road, I meet with huge traffic. This traffic was not as daily traffic which I face while coming from office but this traffic was included with heavy commercial vehicles. As there is a traffic rule for in Gurgaon that heavy commercial vehicle can move in city till 8 O'clock only in the morning.







These heavy commercial vehicles were making ride difficult because of heavy noise and dust. Sohna road is four lane road so I did not faced so much problem to ride but as soon as I hitted Badshahpur road, It became narrow and road side were covered by the locals for their own purposes. There was a point where I was regretting that I made a wrong decision to visit to Damdama lake because of traffic, dust and noise. Some time I was feeling that people are trying to be close to me even when roads are free.


 As soon as I took a left turn for Damdama Lake I found myself in some other place. Farming land with full of greenery. Animals were there. I can easily hear bird chirping, specially peacock sound.

All my frustration vanished like vapor. Now I was in love with nature. There were grown paddy fields. Some were cutted and some were in process to cut. Full scene was so romantic that I started falling in love with my Bike, because of this only I could visit such place.

I know my wife must be feeling jealous to read this. I could not stop my self to capture such beautiful scene in my camera. After taking some pics I continued my journey, I was more energized and was paddling fast to reach destination. After going 2 more kilometers I found a solo rider, I chased for few minutes and then I meet him. We introduced each other and then I came to know that his name is Namit [Identity changed] who usually ride with his friend but today his fried is not in the city because of that he is riding alone.

He was also going to Damdama lake so we both got company till the lake. We shared our some cycling experiences.  Then I came to know that we both have some common things which connect us strongly.

We both love cycling, we both riding Firefox bike, we both lives in Gurgaon, we both are familiar with Dhanbad, (Jharkhand). He completed his post graduation from Jamshedpur and use to catch train from Dhanbad, where as my native place is Dhanbad. I started my carrier from Chandigarh, where Namit parents lives. He has also visited different places of India like me. We shared good and bad things about the cities.
We three were enjoying the ride, Me , Namit and our bikes [ha ha ha]. We enjoyed a beautiful morning where Sun was rising behind the mountain. I shared my wish with Namit to do the rock climbing but I was knowing that I am not prepared for this and time will also not allow. So we dropped the plan and continued our riding towards the lake.

First time since my 5 months riding I meet with girls riding group, I think there were 6-7 girls in the group, all were dressed very colourful and equipped with all riding essentials. We exchanged "Good Morning" and continued the journey.

As soon as we reached near Lake, we were not so happy as per our expectation, as there were very less water in lake and it was very small. There were 3 boats for the ride. We were on height and we had to go down to get the actual feel of the lake but we were unable to get the path, so I made this ride more adventurous by doing a stunt and decided to go down on a steep slop,  Namit was inconvenienced by my idea but I was clear in my mind, I went and I was down without any fall. Finally Namit followed me by taking baby step and finally he was also down without any injury.




Lake was surrounded with garbage . We spend very little time over there, we both made some important calls and then decided to go back to home.

I followed to Namit as I don't want to go back by the same route which I took in the morning. As I have already mention that I found huge traffic there. I found some more beautiful scenes while return but I could not capture all. Sun start cursing and Namit was not sure about the route. This time also GPS helped a lot.

We stopped to watch cricket match for a while. We exchanged our contact numbers and then got separated as Namit society was close from main road . I had to ride few more kilometer to reach home. Finally I reached home at 9:30am. My wife was eagerly waiting for me. We both had delicious breakfast.

By this I could completed one more ride and I could see one more place as a cycle rider.

Hope my story entertained you.

Next story will be published soon after new ride with new excitement and a new place. 

9 comments:

  1. Replies
    1. Thanks Mr. Kantheep. I will try to bring such story in future also.

      Delete
  2. It's very good inspiration to become a cyclist in the new world.
    Which is contributing to the social world and to own Health.
    So I suggest everybody should start these types of activities.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You are absolutely correct Mr. Kantheep, cycling is beneficial for both society and the one who is doing cycling. It is very environment friendly.

      Delete