Tuesday, May 3, 2016

Cycle ride to Manger Hills, Faridabad

Hi friends,

This week I made a plan to visit Mangar Hill, a very renowned place among cyclist and it is a part of Aravali Hills.

Mangar Village
I woke up at 4:55am, as it is month of April and full moon is there, full light was all around. After getting fresh I became ready for ride. I had no idea about the Manger hills so I checked location on google map, by car location distance was showing 28km where as by foot it was showing 25km only. To save my energy I thought to follow by foot path only.





Morning
I started my ride at 5:30am. By following GPS for around 2km, I found that I am going by "GALLI MOHALLS". Which I did't found good for riding purpose because of road conditions and unmarked speed breaks. Finally I discontinued to follow GPS and went on the main road, near Medanta hospital. Now I again set GPS and started to follow. Now I found roads were very good to ride and it is known to me.

Route

Medanta- The Medicity - Satpaul Mittal Marg - Vikas Marg - Nirvana Central Road - Mayfield Garden, Adampur - Dharam Marg - Gold Course Extention Raod - Gurgaon Faridabad Road - after 15km on right hand side there is a board for Mangar - went 5 km on the road.

I found a solo rider on golf course extension road, came to know that he started cycling recently. He was running Btwin cycle and all his gears were from Btwin (bottle,shorts, gloves,bottle and etc). He became ready to go along with me to Mangar. By profession, he is running his own IT firm and his company provide mobile traffic to the application. He told me that earlier he was working with Paytm but now he is running his own business and Paytm is one of his client. Apart from this some big names like Amazon, Flipkart , NDTV are also his clients.

Gurgaon Faridabad road is full of up and downs. So I was finding it difficult to ride, my new partner was also riding slow, due to his slow speed I have to wait for him after riding few kilometers. After waiting for 10mins  he reached. We started again, being on Sunday, this route was filled with cyclist and bikers. We found so many super bikes with stylish riders, who were running bikes on full speed as there is no speed breakers on the road and road condition is also very good.

Waiting on Faridabad road
After riding few more kilometers, I again found my self alone as my fellow riders was not looking behind me. I stopped to wait and took some sip of glucose water which I brought from home to beat the heat. Again, I waited long and then he came. This time he was looking very tired, we waited there for some time and after getting some breath he was ready to ride again.

Mangar Entry
I found so many cyclist on the roads, few road bikers passed me, which I did not felt good but as their cycle is meant for road only so they have the advantage. I stopped at the entrance of the mangar, waited for long but did't found my partner. By seeing the time I decided to go alone. As day was becoming very hot after 8O'clock. I enter in Mangar and I found two cyclist were also riding towards Mangar. I followed them.

Mangar View
After following both the riders, I found that I know one rider. To make my self confirm I closely looked at his bike and now I was dam sure. I called by his name "Namit" and he responded. It was a great moment for us. He introduced me with his friend and now we all were riding together.

For all friends who are not aware about my friend Namit, kindly read my story "Ride up to Damdama Lake, Gurgaon"

Mangar View
We reached on top of the Mangar, from where we can see the village which was surrounded by hills. Whole view was amazing and and was hard to believe such place near Gurgaon. I want to captured each and every moment for my story. So I took some pictures,  waited for a while and now we were ready to go home.

I again follow the same path to get back to home.We stopped on some places for water and juices. On golf course extention road I said good by to Namit and his friend and reached home at around 9:15am.

I has very happy about today's ride as I never imagined to see such place near Gurgaon (In Faridabad)

Next week I am planning to visit Purana Quila. Till the time wait for my new ride story. Thanks a lot for your time.



No comments:

Post a Comment