Friday, April 15, 2016

Cycle ride up to Humayun Tomb, Delhi

This weekend I planned to ride upto Humayun Tomb.
Humayun Tomb (Pic from itchotels.in)

Humayun's tomb is the tomb of the Mughal Emperor Humayun in Delhi, India. The tomb was commissioned by Humayun's son Akbar in 1569-70, and designed by Mirak Mirza Ghiyas, a Persian architect chosen by Bega Begum. Wikipedia



It was the first garden tomb made in India. The garden is divided into 36 squares by a grid of water channels and paths. The square garden is surrounded by a high rubble wall divided initially into four large squares separated by causeways and channels, each square divided again into smaller squares by pathways creating a char bagh(four garden). The laying down of the gardens in the Persian style was introduced by Babur and continued till the period of Shah Jahan.

Neare Sikandarpur Metro Station
I started my day a bit late, last night I wend bed late as my little daughter was on vacation mood. Earlier I had a plan to watch movie on Friday night but daughter did not allow. She is only 2.5 years and she likes to play with me when I come back from office. So we became late by playing football.Alarm rang @ 5:00am but don’t know when I stopped and sleep again, suddenly I woke up at 5:30am, became ready in 30 minutes, at 6:00 O’clock I was on road with my bike. This week I planned to go to Humayun Tomb, this is around 31km far from my house. Sun has already risen.

Route Map
My route plan for Humayun Tomb was – Signature Tower (Gurgaon)- Iffco chock or square (Gurgaon) – MG Road (Gurgaon) -  Qutub Minar (Delhi) – Sri Aurobindo Road – Right Turn - Loadhi Road – Cross roundabout – Bharat Scouts and Guides Marg – Humayun Tomb.
                                                                   
I like to ride on this route because of road condition, roads are clean as full of ups and downs(from MG Road to Qutub Minar)which will boost my stamina.   

Near AIIMS
I was trying to pedal fast to reach as soon as possible to humayun tomb, by doing this my return ride may lead to a comfort ride.I stopped near AIIMS, here so many roads crosses each other, so there is a small park and all roads crosses near the park. View was very fantastic.
Safdarjung Airport
Clicked some photographs and then start my ride again. My next stoppage was on a flyover, from where Safdarjang Aero drum was giving a very nice view. I stopped hardly for 5 mins and again
started for Humayun Tomb.

As soon as I reached near lodhi road, I saw an old monument (Safdarjung ka Makbara), there
Safdarjung Makbara
were two cyclist who were trying to lock their cycle so that they can take view from inside but I think they were not very sure about the bike safety so they start chatting with the security person but finally they did not go inside. I had no plan to go inside because day was becoming hotter as time passes and traffic was also increasing. So I saved some memories in my mobile and was proceeded for Humayun tomb.

Photo shoot near Blue Fencing
Finally I reached Humayun tomb around 7:30 am. I was very happy that finally I could follow my plan and I reached to desired location, but now this was a time when I had to surprise. I found a big blue fencing near Humayun Tomb.
Photo shoot near Blue Fencing
I came to know some construction is going on for a museum. This museum is fully underground museum at the world-famous Humayun's Tomb complex, which will showcase art, culture and architectural history of the Nizamuddin area spanning over seven centuries.

I went closer and then found ticket counter. Ticket fare was Rs. 30 for Indian and and Rs. 500 for foreigners.People started visit Humayun tomb at that time also. Most of the visitors came with good camera, to capture the beauty of the mugal empire. Some couples were also busy in their pre marriage profile shoot. I found it very funny but I have seen pre wedding albums, photo gives very good impression after edit work.
                                                                                                               

I found a group of Kerala guys
(between 15 to 18 years) who found me alien in my cycling costume. They were very surprise that why did I covered such long distance on cycle. Some youngster were very interested to ride my bike, some were also interested to get selfy with me. I didn’t make them disappoint we took some selfy and some guys took a short ride also.

Humayun Tomb Entrance Gate
Entry gate was built by iron from the front and rest part was covered by high concrete walls. I could see only a small garden and there after a big door after that nothing was visible. I could only see top part of the tomb. I was little disappointed that after covering such a long distance I could not see it from distance also, but due to heritage safety I had no other option to enjoy it from outside only.
Garden Before Humayun Tomb
I stayed there for some more time. Took some self-shot and then decided to get back to home by having a thought that will visit again with my wife and kid then will enjoy the inner beauty of the tomb.

It took around 1 and half hrs to come back to home. Traffic has been increased. Although watch was showing 8:30 O’clock only but traffic has been increased.

I was feeling myself very satisfied as what I planned, I got that. This ride helped me to complete 1000km ride on my bike till the time. This ride become more meaningful for me as I crossed 1000km milestone.

Hope my story entertained you.

Next story will be published soon after new ride with new excitement and a new place. 

2 comments:

  1. 1000 kms.....woooaaahhh!!!..man its unbelievable...but its really admiring n inspiring for now a days youngsters....keep it up!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks buddy, would love to surprise with my another such activities.

    ReplyDelete