Tuesday, May 3, 2016

Cycle ride to Purana Qila [Old fort] , Delhi

Hi Friends,

This time I ride up to Purana Qila. It is historical place and one of the oldest forts in Delhi. It was built by Sher Shah Suri in 1545.
Purana Qila [Old Fort]

This time route was very familer for me because Purana Qila [Old fort] is very close to India Gate, where I have visited multiple times.  I followed the same path which I followed for India gate.



Route:
Gurgaon -> Iffco Chock -> MG Road-> Qutub Minar -> Aurobindo Marg -> Hauz Khas -> Green Park ->Lodhi Road-> Prithvi Raj Road -> India Gate Circle -> Purana Qila

Handicraft Emporium
I started my ride at 5:30am, Followed the above described route. I stopped near Qutub Minar to take rest and have some water. It took around 1 hour to reach there. Place where I stopped was handicraft emporium, walls were painted very well. I tried to capture some good images in my mobile.

I started again, as I would have moved half a kilometer, before IIT gate, I saw Shani Dev Temple. People were there to worship Shani Dev (Planet Saturn) as today is Saturday and in India we worship to our Shani Dav on Saturday. People offer mustered oil and pulse to get his pleasure. His pleasure can shower extreme happiness in anybody's life.

There are 9 most important shrines and temple in India

1. Shani Signapur, Maharashtra
2. Shani Dham Temple, Delhi
3. Sri Shani Temple , Thane
4. Shani Devaalayam, Mumbai
5. Mandapalli Mandeswara swamy Temple, Andhra Pradesh
6. Tirunallar Saniswaran Temple, Pondicherry
7. Yerdanur Shani Temple, Telangana
8. Bannanje Shri Shani Kshetra, Karnataka
9. Saneeswara Bhagavan Temple, Tamil Nadu

Safdarjung Tomb
I kept on riding on Aurobindo marg till the Safdarjung tomb. Although I have been there several times but this time also I could not stop my self to take pictures.

 After taking pictures, I again started peddling on Lodhi road. Lodhi road in named after Lodhi garden, which is eastern and western end of Humayun's Tomb and Safdarjung's Tomb.

On Lodhi Road
This road was so neat and clean that I could not stop my self to take some riding pics. I wanted to take a full length pic with my bike but it was not possible without selfy stick.

Anyway I reached near to Purana Qila but a mosque[looking like old fort] near Purana Qila confused me and I kept moving to find entrance of the mosque.

After asking from local hocker, I could find "Purana Qila", Ticket counter was full with foreigner groups. People was very excited to see such a heritage.
Ticket detail of Old Fort

I was not allowed with my bike inside, so I planned to take some picture from outside only and get back to home.

Day was becoming hotter as time was passing.

I just checked the ticket charges and found, Rs. 5 for Indian and Rs. 200 for foreigners. Video filming fees is Rs. 25.


Old fort view from Ticket Counter
While returning home I found some wall painting. Some were to decorate the walls, some were giving message regarding green Gurgaon or save water.

I reached home at around 9:30am. Total journey covered 56km up & fro.

Next time I will come up with my next ride story.



Wall Painting in Delhi NCR
On Lodhi Road

Near Sahar Mall


1 comment: