Friday, April 1, 2016

Cycling In Delhi - Red Fort

I always want to do something which makes me happy, joyful, exciting or chirpy you can say. That's why I started cycling.

Every week I make plan for my Sunday ride and this week I planned to go upto RED FORT. It was a big decision for beginners, like me because the distance from my home to my todays destination that is Lal Quila is approx.80 km, which I never ride before. My longest ride was only for 62Km from Gurgao to India Gate.As I planned my ride in the last week of March it was not so hot in the morning though it is a favourable time for ride, I planned to start my journey early in the morning.


I woke up early (@5:00 am) in the morning to get ready. My wife also wake up at the same time to help me to get ready. She prepared my water bottle with glucose so that I can beat the heat. That time sun has barely risen and this altitude is always cooler, and in short it was a great time to start Cycling. Before the day has started for the mass I was already on the road at 5:30 am. Earlier I had a plan to visit Red Fort with my one fellow rider but plan could not get executed and I had to complete my ride alone. I was tense because I had no idea about the route but thank god to the GPS system, with the help of that I started cycling.

India Gate
While riding from Gurgaon to Red Fort, I crossed Qutub Minar, Safdarganj Aerodrum , Lodhi Garden, India Gate, Raj Ghat and then I reached to Red Fort. Whole journey was fantastic and I covered all distance without stopping at any place except India Gate where I took some selfie and started again.

I always like to cycling in Delhi because of the wide & smooth roads and greenery.


Gurgaon to Red Fort route
It took around two hours to reach Red Fort. I reached at the back side of Red Fort where people where parking their vehicle to get inside. I had no plan to go inside so I kept my cycle on side to see Red Fort fully from outside. A security person noticed me there and advised me to either go in to the parking area or leave this place due to some security reason. I kept my cycle away and took my mobile to take some picture to make my ride memorable.
Back Side of Red Fort

After taking some pics I sat near my cycle to take some rest and have some water. Now I had to see the place from where our President and Prime minister address the nation.


RED FORT


Front portion was very crowded area and it was becoming very difficult to ride in that area but after covering such a long distance, I don't want to miss that place.

Finally I saw that place where our national flag was stand with pride. There was huge security and I could not see that place from near. I want to go near the fort but I don't want to left my cycle unattended so I spent some time there capture some photographs and planned to go back to home.




At Rajghat
At the time of return, I stopped my cycle for a while at Raj Ghat. Raj Ghat is a Mahatama Gandhi Memorial. Mahatama Gandhi last right was performed here on 31st Jan 1948. I stopped some other places also to take some rest and reached home at 10:30am. After reaching home I found that I covered 76km during this 5 hrs ride. I and my loving wife were very happy by this ride.


On Road near Qutub Minar
Thank you for your patience and will meet you in next post with a new ride and new story. 

5 comments:

  1. Great Going Bro. Wish to read more of your sunday cycling endeavours.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Sure buddy, I am in process to write my new post based on my last Sunday ride. Thanks for comment.

      Delete
  2. Great story, but really shocked that....how could u ride 76kms.......in "cycle"...#Stamina...#Keepitup..!!!

    ReplyDelete